Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Estancia La Margarita

When I was seven years old, my grandparents got a horse for their ranch so all of the grandchildren could learn to ride.  Her name was Annie.  I ended up being the only cowgirl in the bunch and rode for almost seven years. I showed, rode in the mountains, did barrel racing, cattle sorting, jumping, you name it!  It's something that was such a huge part of my childhood and I miss it a lot.
It's been years since I've been able to go riding, so when I was planning my move to Argentina, visiting an estancia was on my "must do" list.  Last week I had the pleasure of visiting Estancia La Margarita and enjoyed horseback riding, great food and people for three days!  Estancia La Margarita is near the tiny town of Tapalque and about five hours outside of Buenos Aires. It was so nice to take a break from city life and be in the countryside, and galloping in the fields around the estancia made me feel like a kid again.











No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top