Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Colombia


After a little blogging hiatus I'm back! I'm so excited to share stories from my recent travels around Colombia!  I've spent three and a half months traveling around Colombia and it has become one of my favorite countries I've ever been to.  The people are so friendly, the scenery is amazing and the juice! Oh, the fruit and the juice! I mean, coconut lemonade?!  
One of the beautiful things about travel is you never know who you'll meet along the way! I met my now boyfriend (an Irishman) in Chile back in May.  We instantly hit it off but after just a few days went our separate ways. We kept in touch, met back up and have spent the past two months traveling all over Colombia together.  We started in Santa Marta and ended here, where I currently am, in San Andres Island. In just a few days I'm heading up to the United States for a while.  I'm sad to leave this country, but know I'll be back again (just after I go to Ireland!)
Stay tuned for more stories from South America!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! I'm headed to Colombia in about a month, for a quick ~12 day trip. Would love to get some recommendations and must-sees from you! We haven't finalized plans, but will likely visit Medellin, Cartagena and the Caribbean coast.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! How exciting, you will LOVE Colombia!
      Medellin - The Real Cities tour was a great tour of the city and learning about the history. You have to book it out two days in advance and it fills up quick so keep that in mind. The Pablo Escobar tour was also really interesting. Poblado is the really cute trendy area and I recommend staying there. Be sure to try the sugarcane juice (you can buy it just about anywhere) it is so addictive!
      Cartagena - Walk around the historic center during the day and as well at night. I would recommend buying a beer from a street vendor and taking an after dinner stroll along the wall. Take a day trip out to the Rosarios Islands. They are really beautiful and a great way to swim in the turquoise water and beat the heat.
      Rest of Caribbean Coast - Santa Marta you can probably skip, Taganga has pretty good diving if you're certified, Palamino is a really cute relaxing town with a river you can float down, Cabo de la Vela & Punta Gallinas is amazing but a trek to get to. If you decide to head there, let me know and I can give you the rundown of how to get there!

      Hope that is helpful and I hope you have an amazing trip!! Email me at laurentaylorcreates@gmail.com with any other questions!

      Lauren

      Delete


Back to Top